While yesterday’s consumer was a patient listener, today’s consumer looks forward to quick and visual assistance. Conversational AI is a yardstick that is now taken into consideration to assess a company’s user engagement programs and the ability to stay up-to-date. Communication continues to be 2-way but this time, its human-machine conversation where the machine has evolved over the years to adapt to the queries posed by people and “learns” to craft unique & relevant responses. Chatbots play an immense role in delivering the message of the company and bridging the gap that otherwise exists between the brand and the consumer.
Human-Machine CommunicationFrom wall paintings, sign languages to voice communication and now, digital communication, the art of conversation is as deep as it is widespread. Various technologies and methodologies are assisting contemporary human-machine interaction. They are cracking the code of the analytical as well as the cognitive ability of a human brain to formulate communication patterns while keeping in mind the informative and emotional aspect of delivering the idea. Technologies like Natural Language Processing (NLP), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and Natural Language Generation (NLG) help chatbots understand human language and learn from the past experiences to make future correspondence fruitful.
- NLU: The technical tool that reads the given input for relevance and adherence to guidelines if given. For instance, Google Assistant and Siri filter out profanity with the help of NLU.
- NLG: So, a machine does not understand the inputs given in a specific human language. The crux lies in processing the keyed in structured data, which is then generated into a comprehensible text.
- NLP: It is the combination of NLG and NLU that makes sense of the input provided, in this case, to the chatbots. NLP ensures that the chatbot can assess the data fed, understand the relevance, and respond inappropriate language to the target audience.
The Industrial AdvantageDigital communication is more humanized, thanks to the essence of language & analysis embedded in the chatbots. Chatbots make customer engagement and marketing more proactive and productive. As the chatbot learns via seamless human interaction, chatbots can help brands humanize their approach to the audience and deliver an end-to-end conversational experience. Some of the most common industries that are deploying chatbots for their engagement programs are:
- Travel & Hospitality Industry
- Academics & Education Entertainment
- Banking, financial services, and insurance
- Health & Nutrition